- A common savory spice in traditional European baking.
- A distinct earthy fennel and anise taste and sharp aroma.
- Give a distinct flavor to rye bread, cabbage, soups, pickles, and tea.
- Caraway Seeds can be sprinkled, added, or mixed in different types of recipes.
- Free Shipping! Every product is packaged in air-tight, resealable bags!
Caraway seeds are the dried fruit, or achenes, of the caraway plant. Humans have been harvesting and using caraway for its culinary and medicinal properties since the Neolithic period. Caraway seeds are not actually seeds: each fruit contains a single seed. The caraway seeds high concentration of natural essential oils gives the spice its unique flavor profile. Its flavor has a nutty, bittersweet sharpness with a hint of citrus, pepper, and anise (mild licorice). Caraway seeds are a common savory spice in traditional European baking, due to their distinct earthy fennel and anise taste and sharp aroma. Caraway is a popular seasoning for cabbage dishes, sauerkraut, breads, onion tart, fried potatoes, and more.